Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Practicum Phase

First I'd like to note that one year ago tonight I had just returned to Brandon from the big trip to Chicago Shawn and I took last June. While it doesn't look like we'll be making a major trip this summer we're hoping to have the chance next summer. We've been eyeing the West coast of the United States for quite sometime and Shawn keeps telling me that next year is the year. We'll see Shawn, we'll see.

Jump back into the present for a second and we find ourselves in a land where I'm involved in one of my final days here in Saskatoon. Packing starts Thursday and I'll leave for my solo journey back to Brandon either Friday night or Saturday morning. While my practicum has definitely turned out to be a bit of a dud, I have enjoyed living out on my own for a little while (I'm totally domesticated. Did laundry tonight, went grocery shopping the other day and, have I mentioned my Swiffer?) While the city of Saskatoon didn't live up to my high expectations in the end that probably was to be expected. Before I left I remember everyone telling me what a nice town it was so I think I may have built a pedestal too high for the city of bridges to stand on. Still, despite It's quirks and problems (every city has them, they add character) I will miss this place to an extent and will leave with mostly fond memories of toon town.

My final shifts at Global wrap up this week with my final day being near the end of this week. I've been working a 9-6 shift since Monday, shadowing mostly shooters as they head out on their daily assignments. Unfortunately, it does look as though I will leave the station without ever having done any work in my specialization, making for a difficult fit for Global into my resume. Still, it would be unfair to say I haven't learned anything and I did have the chance to meet and chat to a few interesting people so for that at least I am thankful.

Not much else to say. Tomorrow is the deadline for me to quit Wal-Mart without having to return so if anyone has any quick ideas for summer employment in Brandon lemme know! Otherwise it looks like I'll be in for a month or so of the same old before trading that job in for something a little more refreshing.

Type Ya'll Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home