Thursday, June 15, 2006

Global Gripes

Hi there everybody! Just a quick note that as my time here in Saskatoon starts to wind down I've decided to switch from my current Monday, Wednesday, Friday post model to a new Tuesday, Thursday post model. I figure as I get ready to move back to Brandon my available posting time will decrease, as will the topics I have to post about.

Speaking of topics, let's take a moment to pick on Global Saskatoon for a second. Now, those who know me best know that the past couple months have been a bit trying for me. First, it took forever to settle on a practicum location. Then, when we finally decided on Global my supervisor here changed the opening to something that has had very little, some weeks nothing to do with what I spent the last year doing in college. Combined with that my supervisor at Global has barely spoken to me since my arrival and is currently behind on his paperwork concerning me. Not that I can blame him for that last part since until last week I was as well, but still. It's not encouraging.

For the past 5 weeks I've been working off a schedule I created myself, desperately trying to use connections I've made with employees at the station to move myself from one area to the next. This week however has been a bit of an issue with my attempts to get into the next area failing the first few tries, delaying my move there till the end of this week. It's been a frustrating week/practicum and as much as I said when I left Brandon originally that I hoped to get a job out here upon my completion of college I'm looking forward to leaving the station that has caused me so many problems...

As for what I'll be up to upon my return to the wheat city that has yet to be decided for sure, though I am discussing the options with my parents. More school looks to be in the cards though nothing has been decided for sure yet. Wal-Mart also looks to be in the cards for the month of July, though as many of you will recall my time there on front end at least is limited due to my current relationship with Alix.

All that said I will have several days upon my return to get reacquainted with not only the city but many of the friends I had to leave behind during my excursion to the bridge city. If anybody's up for anything the last week of June or the first week of July lemme know, cause while I will have some things to do my schedule will be very open.

Well, that's all for now. Except that one year ago today I was just starting my trip to Chicago with Shawn. Hard to believe It's already been a year!

Type ya'll Tuesday!

1 Comments:

At 1:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey J!!!
it's Karli here. Long time no talk since we were both incredibly intoxicated at Brittany's party. I too am in your position...if that provides any comfort, I dont know, but I hope so.
You have my number, and my email address. I dont know what the H E double hockey sticks I'm doing after practicum either, but I know that drinking sounds like it just might have to be in the cards for me once again. So let me know if you're interested in getting together sometime. I'm sure I will be!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home