Friday, June 09, 2006

Hockey Holiday

Hello there everybody! First I'd like to say yes, I'm aware how behind I am on my blog posts. I plan to be caught up by Wednesday night so let's all cross our fingers (except for me, I gotta type) and hope I can get back on track.

While this blog has a stamp of Friday night it is well into the weekend that I'm finally getting around to typing this puppy up. This past week I was able to keep myself pretty busy with my cousin and uncle being in toon town for a hockey tournament. I watched at least a piece of every game starting with the first on Thursday night and ending with the finale Sunday afternoon where the team of 11 and 12 year olds from Calgary were able to hang on to a 5 of 6 spot, having won only their first and last games. The last game was a doozy however and a thrill to watch with the team coming back from behind to win the game up two points. Between this tournament and the Oilers game on Saturday I don't think I've ever been so close to being a hockey fan, especially know that I actually know what some of the rules are/mean.

The other big sport this past weekend has of course been the FIFA World Cup which is almost as big a story in the Canadian media scene as it is in the sporting world. CTV has the rights this year and their planning to air the finale on the main network. Will they be able to garner enough attention to make the move worthwhile? It's up for argument as the Canadian interest for Soccer (football) continues to be gauged.

Less then two weeks left for me here in Saskatoon with my last day currently penciled in for the 23rd of the month. Top of my mind right now is Canada Day weekend where there's hopefully the chance for some pleasant weather and good old camping/beach fun. April and Brent's social should also be fun at the end of next week despite the small detail that I've yet to purchase my ticket.

Well, that's all for now. Sticking with current tradition...

Type ya'll Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home